- Cat Exam room – This exam room is in a quieter area of the building and is equipped with a Feliway dispenser to reduce feline stress. A “happy cat” pheromone is released from the dispenser which helps anxious cats to feel more relaxed.
- Cat Kennel Area – A separate, quiet, dog-free kennel area is available for hospitalized cats as well as large multi level kennels for cats who are boarding. Take a virtual tour of the cat boarding
- Special Treatment – We know cats can be a challenge to medicate at home. Whenever possible, we opt for long acting injectable products, oral suspensions or transdermal products that make treatment easier.
- Cats like it Hot! – Especially during anesthesia cats are provided with circulating warm water blankets to keep them toasty warm. Hospitalized cats are always provided with warm blankets for kennel bedding.
- Less is Best – We are very sensitive to the fact that cats hate being over handled. Stressed cats often prefer to be examined while swaddled in a blanket or in the comfort of the cradle of the bottom of their carrier. With cats less is always better!
- Feline Nutrition – We are your nutrition experts. Cats have very specific nutritional needs. Feeding a balanced feline diet can reduce the incidence of disease and extend life. Always ask us if you are unsure what food may be best for your cat.
- AAFP – Our clinic is a member of the American Association of Feline Practitioners. This group helps to keep us current on all feline health issues.
At North Bay Animal Hospital we recognize that many of our feline friends have needs that are different from their canine counter-parts. Here are some of the things we do to make their stay more comfortable.