On September 22, 2016 Dr. Rea and 3 other veterinarians participated in a special 60km Ride for Farley that took place in Mattawa! They cycled from the Ecology Centre to the Kiosk and back to raise awareness for the Farley Foundation. She was able to raise $526 all from generous donations from clients. Thank you to all who donated – it is greatly appreciated!
The Farley Foundation is a registered charity that assists people in need by subsidizing the cost of vet care for the pets that mean the world to them.
The Foundation subsidizes the cost of non-elective veterinary care for pets owned by:
- Seniors receiving GIS
- Disabled individuals receiving ODSP or CPP
- Women at risk of abuse entering a registered women’s shelter
- Participates of the OVMA PetSafe Program
- Individuals receiving assistance through Ontario Works
- Facilities catering to seniors who require special care (retirement homes, long term care facilities)
The foundation relies on donations to be able to provide funding to people and pets in need.