Our clinic participates in a co-operative on-call service with other local veterinarians. This allows all pet owners in our community to have access to emergency veterinary services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be aware that the hospitals are not open to the public outside of regular office hours. After regular office hours, our telephone voice-mail will direct you to the on-call veterinarian’s contact number.
Pet First Aid Kit
Your never know when an accident might happen. A simple first aid kit is easy to assemble with products from the dollar store and your own human pharmacy.
- Blunt tipped scissors (ie childrens craft scissors)
- Thermometer (normal rectal temperature for dogs and cats 39.0 C )
- Syringe for administering medications
- Tape (medical tape or duct tape)
- Styptic powder (to control minor skin or nail bleed)
- Regular Veterinarian’s phone number (NBAH – 705-476-8387)
- Poison Control number 1-888-426-4435
- Record of Pet’s medical history
- Benadryl 25 mg for allergic reactions (2-4 mg/kg twice a day)
- Saline – to clean wounds – and flush eyes.
- Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting – (dog 1 Tbsp/ 10 kg, cat 1 tsp with water)
- Murine eye wash
- Pepto Bismol for Dogs – diarrhea and upset stomach (dog 1 tsp/10 kg every 4 hours)
- Kaopectate for cats – diarrhea and upset stomach (1 tsp/10 kg)
- Antibiotic ointment (ie Polysporin)