The Farley Foundation was established by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) in 2001 and assists people in need by subsidizing the cost of veterinary care for the pets that mean the world to them.
The Foundation proudly supports:
- Seniors receiving the Federal Guaranteed Income Supplement – GIS
- Disabled individuals receiving the Ontario Disability Support Payment (ODPS) or the Canada Pension Plan – Disability (CPP Disability)
- Women at risk of abuse entering registered women’s shelters, and who are participating in the OVMA SafePet Program.
- Individuals receiving financial assistance through Ontario Works.
- Facilities catering to seniors who require special care, including supporting housing, retirement homes and long-term care facilities.
To date, the Farley Foundation has disbursed nearly $2.9 million to assist over 7,000 people and their sick or injured pets.
Farley is the English sheep dog from the internationally syndicated comic strip, For Better or For Worse® which appears in over 2,000 newspapers worldwide.